Cellulite which is often referred to as ‘orange peel’ and ‘cottage cheese’ texture of the skin is becoming a problem for many women nowadays. Women usually can’t relax during the summer period wearing shorts and lose their self-confidence. There are people who have cellulite because of genetics, but for others, it’s due to hormonal problems. Some other causes are extended periods of standing or sitting in one place, poor diet, poor circulation, and smoking.
You can get rid of the cellulite with help of many surgical procedures as well as chemical treatments, but they are very expensive and they can also cause lots of side-effects. Still, there are also various natural treatments you can use that can help you get rid of cellulite and enjoy your body.
Here, we’re presenting you 10 tips that can help you achieve that.
1. Stay Hydrated:
- In order to be able to break down cellulite effectively, we must drink plenty of water because our body needs it.
- In this way, we’ll also remove the toxins and unwanted fats from our organism.
- Any chemical contaminant that is stored there becomes released into our body when we break down cellulite.
- If we want to remove these toxins, we need to drink a lot of water.
2. Dry Brush:
- An amazing way to help us get rid of cellulite is dry brushing.
- It’s among the most effective natural remedies. In only 1 month some women have noticed positive results.
- This method opens up your pores and removes dead skin.
- In this way, it eliminates toxins and lets them get out freely.
- You’ll also stimulate the production of collagen and improve your circulation which will help you have a smoother and stronger skin.
Here are some basic rules that you should follow:
- Use natural semi-firm bristled brushes like for example the ones from Sublime Beauty.
- Always brush toward the heart. If you brush on the stomach, brush counter-clockwise.
- Your strokes should be firm enough so that they could stimulate the skin, but make sure it’s not so hard so it wouldn’t cause irritation.
3. Coconut Oil:
- Coconut oil improves your skin’s elasticity, reduces hunger, increases your metabolism, etc.
- Moisturize your skin with it and improve its health.
- Add several tablespoons to your food to help you improve your health as well as burn fat.
4. Coffee Scrub:
- A simple mixture of warm water and coffee grounds can do wonders for your skin according to many women.
- Use it like a scrub 2 times a week where you have cellulite.
- The first great results will appear only 4 weeks after using it regularly.
5. Derma Roller:
- Especially on some sensitive area using a derma roller by yourself can be painful, but you can use another method to stimulate the production of collagen in your dermis.
- Use a derma roller of high quality.
- Its needles won’t bend or break down, so it won’t damage your skin.
6. Rosemary / Juniper Oil:
- Both oils are amazing for our circulation and can help our body remove toxins from the muscle and fat tissue.
- By combining 10 drops of juniper oil and 10 drops of rosemary oil along and with 100 ml of jojoba oil you can prepare your own detoxifying moisturizer.
- Apply this every day after you’ve used your derma-roller or after a bath.
- It will strengthen and detoxify your skin.
- The first results will appear in only 1 week!
7. Birch Oil:
- This type of oil is also amazing.
- Apply it after a bath or combined with derma-rolling.
8. Rose Hip Seed Oil:
- This oil is rich in fatty acids and vitamin A.
- It is considered to be a very effective moisturizer which helps you have a healthy and strong skin.
- After your derma roller use it regularly and your skin will be more elastic, thicker and healthier.
9. Better Circulation:
- Having an optimal circulation will help you prevent and eliminate cellulite.
- Make sure you don’t wear clothes that have tight elastic bands which may restrict the blood flow to your hips, thighs, and other areas that are prone to cellulite. Tight muscles may be restricting your blood flow in case you’ve experienced more soreness while you’re doing physical activities.
- To improve your circulation and loosen up cramped issues try to perform more stretching exercises like Tai Chi or yoga.
- Performing a self-massage every day is amazing against cellulite.
- Bit breaks up the toxins in the cellulite and stimulates your blood flow.
- Massage yourself while you’re doing a warm bath several times every week.
11. Change Your Diet:
- In order to fight cellulite is also very important to change your diet.
- Eat fewer carbohydrates or less complex sugars, but more fiber.
- Include more Omega-3 fats like avocado, almond and olive oil.
- Include more coconut oil and avoid trans-fats like margarine.
- Avoid the intake of excessive sodium and eat more fruits and vegetables with plenty of water like cucumbers, dark leafy greens,and melons that will detoxify your body and increase your skin elasticity.